Grupo Bimbo’s commitment to offering products that satisfy consumers’ needs and meet the recommendations of the World Health Organization (WHO) and United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (UNFAO), regarding the content of nutrients with a high impact on health, is evident in the actions we take to improve the nutritional profile of our products:
- Reduce sugars, saturated fats, trans fatty acids, sodium and other nutriments with a high impact on public health
- Increase the content of beneficial ingredients in nutrients, such as whole grains, fiber, vitamins & minerals
- Develop new options in our product portfolio with healthy nutritional profiles
- Detect nutritional deficiencies in specific cities and countries and develop products that can help to supplement those needs
- Make these options more widely available
In addition, BBU promotes a healthier lifestyle, which includes eating a well-balanced diet and frequent physical activity.
BBU is committed to providing superior quality products to our consumers while actively complying with all state and federal food safety regulations, including Vermont Act 120. Beginning July 2016, all BBU products that contain GMOs sold in the state of Vermont will be properly labeled with this information. We stand by the quality, nutrition and taste of all BBU products. BBU practices transparency and respects consumers’ right to know what is in their food. Therefore, BBU is in support of a national GMO labeling standard that pre-empts a state-by-state framework, a solution that is most beneficial to the consumer in terms of information and cost while balancing business efficiency concerns.