First BIG (Business Inclusion Group) Fair for Bimbo Bakeries USA
Bimbo Bakeries USA’s Diversity, Equity & Belonging team hosted their first BIG Fair! This virtual event, which will take place quarterly throughout 2023, serves as an information session that allows interested associates to learn more about each of our BIGs and how they can get involved as members.
Introduced in 2020, BBU’s BIGs are a safe space for our associates to build connections, share resources and continue developing new ideas that further benefit our organization. BIGs help build an environment that drives diversity, equity and belonging to reach all associates within BBU. We are proud to have established eight BIGs to date:
- AAPI: Asian American & Pacific Islander associates and allies
- All Abilities: Community for all abilities associates and allies
- BAAST: Black associates and allies
- BNOW: Women and allies celebrating growth and success
- Conexiones: Hispanic/Latinx associates and allies
- Next UP: Early career associates focused on networking, professional development and personal development
- PRIDE: LGBTQIA+ associates and allies
- Salute: Veterans and allies
The BIG Fair attracted more than 500 associates who listened to representatives from each BIG outline their group’s mission, purpose, accomplishments and 2023 vision. Following the main information session, associates opted into breakout rooms hosted by each BIG to learn about the groups in more detail and ask questions.
After the event, all associates received a membership link that invited them to sign up to join one or more of our BIGs, as well as apply for leadership roles, where applicable. We are eager to see how our BIGs will evolve as we attract new members who will bring various backgrounds, perspectives and ideas to help our BIGs advance on their journeys to serve BBU associates and our local communities.
To learn more about BBU’s commitment to Diversity, Equity & Belonging, click here to read our 2021 Diversity, Equity & Belonging report.
We are #BBUPROUD of the commitment of our associates to continue making meaningful change as we advance on our Diversity, Equity & Belonging journey. #YouBelongAtBBU