Grupo Bimbo’s commitment to offering products that satisfy consumers’ needs and meet the recommendations of the World Health Organization (WHO) and United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (UNFAO), regarding the content of nutrients with a high impact on health, is evident in the actions we take to improve the nutritional profile of our products:
- Reduce sugars, saturated fats, trans fatty acids, sodium and other nutriments with a high impact on public health
- Increase the content of beneficial ingredients in nutrients, such as whole grains, fiber, vitamins & minerals
- Develop new options in our product portfolio with healthy nutritional profiles
- Detect nutritional deficiencies in specific cities and countries and develop products that can help to supplement those needs
- Make these options more widely available
In addition, BBU promotes a healthier lifestyle, which includes eating a well-balanced diet and frequent physical activity.