Bimbo Bakeries USA’s Response to COVID-19
To Our Valued Customers and Consumers:
Bimbo Bakeries USA’s only focus today is to feed people across the country, while keeping our associates safe.
All food manufacturers, including Bimbo Bakeries USA, have been confirmed by the Department of Homeland Security as critical infrastructure during this challenging time. We are taking every measure to fulfill our responsibilities safely and quickly.
- All aspects of our operations remain open and teams are working around the clock to meet increased customer and consumer demands.
- We have escalated our already high levels of sanitation and food safety through our supply chain and all associates are following the CDC’s recommendations for preventing the spread of the virus.
- We have implemented pay and attendance policies to support associates who may be out of work due to COVID-19 related issues. This includes Essential Support Pay for our frontline associates and supervisors in manufacturing, distribution and sales. All associates who can telecommute continue to do so.
As the situation evolves, we continue to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our associates and others. This includes:
- Distributing 500,000 masks to all frontline associates as soon as our shipment arrives in mid-April. We have encouraged all associates to use their own masks starting immediately, based on the updated CDC guidance. The masks are high-quality, but not the N95 respirators that should be reserved for at-risk healthcare workers.
- Distributing more than 8,000 kits to include hand sanitizer and wipes to our front line delivery associates.
- Deploying thermometers to our locations as an added security measure. Anyone with a temperature at or above 100 degrees cannot enter.
- Introducing the 6/20/100 reminder across our business – 6 feet away from everyone/20 seconds of handwashing in hot water/100 degree temperature means stay home.
Our cross-functional COVID-19 Response Team continues to meet daily to assess the situation and take action to protect our associates and ensure business continuity. We appreciate you as a dedicated consumer and will continue to update you as needed. Our associates are committed to feeding every city, town and community every day and we will not let you down in these unprecedented times.
The Team at Bimbo Bakeries USA
Updated April 4, 2020